Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Well I just recently had a couple computer viruses. That's what I get for going a month without a virus protector and a firewall. My previous subscription to ZoneAlarm had run out and I, being both lazy and poor, put it off. Paybacks a bitch I suppose. Luckily I was able to install the program once the virus had been on my computer. I know a lot of times once you have a virus it can be a pain to install protection on your computer. Thankfully in safe mode it wasn't much of an issue. After doing a full deep scan with ZoneAlarm's Anti-Virus/Anti-spyware I was able to quarantine the following viruses:
Backdoor.Win32.EggDrop.aag
Trojan.Win32.Genome.igtv
Trojan.Win32.Autorun.ago
I haven't been able to find much about these but I now have a fully working computer. Still doesn't work great but it didn't before I had the viruses.

If anyone reads this and has information on these viruses let me know. I'm pretty sure the EggDrop can make a system completely drag, that's about as much as I found out.

No comments: